OSFC_Oxford UK_2023_045

Most international students need a visa/entry clearance to study at Oxford Sixth Form College. We work with Newland Chase Education (NCE), the leading provider of immigration and visa services, to ensure that students have all the support they need.

On receipt of the CAS Release Fee, the Admissions Team will contact NCE to request CAS, which stands for Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. At this point, Newland Chase Education will begin the visa documentation process.

In order to ensure a smooth process, we advise you to start preparing documents for your visa application as soon as possible. Below you can check the list of documents that are required for a student visa application.

Please note that the below list is not exhaustive and you may be required to provide other documents or information depending on your individual circumstances. Your sponsor will provide you with your CAS when they are satisfied that you have all the required documents for your application.

Document Notes Required for Child Student Visa? Required for Student Visa?
Copy of current Passport(s) Your Passport must contain at least one page that is blank on both sides Required Required
Copies of any other valid Passports (e.g. for a second nationality)   If applicable If applicable
Copies of current or previous UK visas   If applicable If applicable
Parental Consent Letter agreeing to:
  • Your visa application
  • Your travel to the UK
  • Your living arrangements in the UK


Download the letter template for:

This should be signed by both of your parents/legal guardians. If one of your parents is not able to provide their signature, you will need to submit evidence that explains why, such as:

  • Death Certificate
  • Court order confirming one parent has sole parental responsibility
Required Only if applicant is age 16-17
Parental Consent Letter agreeing to:
  • Use of parent’s money for the application


This can be combined with the above letter into a single letter Required Only if applicant is relying on their parents’ money
Proof of relationship to parents/legal guardian Official document confirming relationship between child and parents/legal guardians, such as a birth certificate or family register. Required Only if applicant is age 16-17 and/or relying on parents’ money
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening certificate You will need a TB certificate if you are applying from a country listed here: Tuberculosis tests for visa applicants. This page has the details of the approved clinics in each country. If applicable If applicable
Evidence you meet the financial requirement, such as a Bank Statement You will not need to prove that you meet the financial requirement if you are a national of a country listed under the ‘differential evidence requirement’ in paragraph CS 13.1 of Appendix Child Student. 

You need to have access to funds equivalent to your outstanding course and boarding fees for the first year of your course. If you will be a Day student, you will also need to show an additional £9,207.00

If you will be a boarding student and you have paid the first year’s fees in full you will not need to provide any financial evidence.

To meet the requirements, your financial evidence must:

  • confirm that the required level of funds has been maintained in the account for at least 28 consecutive days;
  • be dated no earlier than 31 days before the date of application, and the 28-day period covered by the letter must also end no more than 31 days before the date of the application;
  • be in the name of the student or the student’s legal guardian

Funds may be held in any form of personal bank or building society account provided the account allows the funds to be accessed immediately.

Funds held in other account types from which funds cannot be withdrawn immediately will not be accepted as evidence of funds.

If applicable If applicable
Evidence you meet the English language requirement You will need one of the following:
  • Confirmation that you have met the requirement in a previous successful application, or
  • Passport confirming you are a national of a majority- English-speaking country, or
  • GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification at level 4 or 5 or Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher, in English (language or literature), achieved in the UK at a UK school, or
  • Secure English language test (SELT) certificate.
Not required for Child Students Required
Evidence that you have permission to live in the country that you are applying in You must submit your visa application in your home country. If you are not a national or citizen of the country you are living in, you will need to provide a copy of the visa or residence permit that proves your status in that county. If applicable If applicable


Evidence of name change

If you or your parent has a different name than that listed on your birth certificate, then you will need to provide a copy of the name change certificate. If applicable If applicable