What is the International Foundation Year?
- A one year programme designed to provide the academic qualifications and English skills needed to progress to a UK university
- Equal to 3 A-Levels – graded A*-U
- Specialised focus on UK learning and preparation for degree-level study
- Combination of coursework and exams
- Guaranteed entry to university with access to over 3,000 degree programmes
- NCUK is a consortium of leading universities dedicated to giving international students guaranteed access to universities and helping students succeed when they get there.
- NCUK qualifications are recognised by NCUK universities and by most others across the UK, including many in the Russell Group (UK’s Ivy League), and also by universities internationally.
- Since 1987, NCUK has helped over 30,000 international students gain guaranteed access to leading UK universities.
The NCUK Guarantee
- Studying on the programme guarantees students two conditional offers from NCUK’s partner universities
- Students completing the IFY programme with a minimum of C grades in each module are guaranteed entry to one of NCUK’s partner universities
In addition to these, the IFY is recognised by over 60 universities worldwide. Students studying the IFY are welcome to apply to any university.
We also offer the option of a Medical pathway, leading directly to a choice of degree in over 60 medicine-related fields.
- 3 academic modules + English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- 20 hours of classroom tuition per week
- 70% examination; 30% coursework and tests
- Extra-curricular activities programme
- University Counselling
- Regular meetings with Senior Tutor
- Supervised study sessions
- PSHE sessions
Why study the IFY at Oxford Sixth Form College?
- Expert leaders and teachers – programme taught by A-Level tutors – delivering the gold standard of education
- Preparation for university in a small and friendly college environment
- Every student assigned a Senior Tutor for complete academic and pastoral support
- Small classes (maximum of 8) and large amount of interaction and collaboration
- Opportunity to live and study in a world-renowned university city.
|Course duration:||One academic year (9 months)|
|Entry requirements:||Completion of 11 years of education.|
|English language level:||IELTS 5.0+ overall (students will be required to sit a UKVI IELTS exam in order to meet Tier 4 visa criteria)|
|Tuition fee:||£21,750 (£7,250 per term)|
|Accommodation:||Single ensuite college boarding or host family accommodation|