IELTS Easter Revision Course
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication. It uses a nine-band scale to clearly identify levels of proficiency, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9).
Our courses are structured to motivate and challenge students in their studies and to boost their confidence. We deliver our courses in small groups and provide an academically stimulating environment, encouraging greater student involvement in the learning process. You can expect:
- The course is most suitable for those with a current IELTS score of 5.5 who are aiming to achieve 6.5 when they next sit the test;
- The course aims to boost confidence in the IELTS examination skills of reading, writing, speaking & listening;
- The focus will be on the reading & writing aspects of the IELTS examination;
- An interactive approach will be used to motivate and support students to feel more prepared for the IELTS examination.
- A high degree of individual attention and supervision, careful adherence in each subject to the subject specification, with reference to previous examination questions, an emphasis on sound study, revision and examination technique.
- Our high calibre tutors communicate ideas skillfully and are sympathetic to each student’s study issues.
- Where particular difficulties are encountered with more problematic topics, care is taken to explain these fully.
- Careful guidance with exam answering technique and a timed test to help evaluate areas for improvement.
- Ideal facilities and environment for thorough, intensive study in the heart of Oxford.
- Students study for either 1 or 2 four-day weeks
- A ‘mock’ examination, based on the material covered during the week, is taken at the end of the course
- Reports with comments on progress and performance during the week, advice on how to use the final weeks of exam preparation are sent to each student within a week of the conclusion of the course.
- Located in the College’s boarding house, the accommodation is a four-minute walk from the teaching locations.
- Each student has a single study bedroom with en-suite bathroom facilities.
- Bedrooms are centrally heated and have their own desks.
- Breakfast and dinner are provided. Arrangements are made for special dietary needs.
- Residential house parents ensure that students are comfortable in their accommodation and that domestic difficulties are speedily resolved.
- Students are encouraged to use their time sensibly; homework and preparation are set each evening and every effort is taken to create a positive environment conducive to study.