A-Level Easter Revision Course
Easter Revision Courses for A-Level exams offer a fresh look at the key topics in the chosen subject and provide an intensive overview of the specified core material. Oxford Sixth Form College has been running these courses since 1984, with proven results in improving students’ overall grades.
Our courses are structured to motivate and challenge students in their studies and to boost their confidence. We deliver our courses in small groups and provide an academically stimulating environment, encouraging greater student involvement in the learning process. You can expect:
- A high degree of individual attention and supervision, careful adherence in each subject to the subject specification, with reference to previous examination questions, an emphasis on sound study, revision and examination technique.
- Care taken to establish the precise topics and options allowing students to prepare for their exams.
- Expert, highly qualified staff who specialise in teaching A-Levels. Our high caliber tutors communicate ideas skillfully and are sympathetic to each student’s study issues.
- Advice on how to organise and prioritise revision over the crucial final weeks, thorough review of subject material with specific reference to previous exam questions. Where particular difficulties are encountered with the more problematic topics, care is taken to explain these fully.
- Careful guidance with exam answering technique and a timed test to help evaluate areas for improvement.
- Ideal facilities and environment for thorough, intensive study in the heart of Oxford.
- Students study for either 1 or 2 four-day weeks, focusing on one subject per week.
- A ‘mock’ examination, based on the material covered during the week, is taken at the end of the course
- Reports with comments on progress and performance during the week, their mock exam results, and advice on how to use the final weeks of exam preparation are sent to each student within a week of the conclusion of the course.
- Occasional individual tutorials are available to cover specific or unique needs. Please contact us for more information on this.
- Located in the College’s boarding house, the accommodation is a four-minute walk from the teaching locations.
- Each student has a single study bedroom with en-suite bathroom facilities.
- Bedrooms are centrally heated and have their own desks.
- Breakfast and dinner are provided. Arrangements are made for special dietary needs.
- Residential house parents ensure that students are comfortable in their accommodation and that domestic difficulties are speedily resolved.
- Students are encouraged to use their time sensibly; homework and preparation are set each evening and every effort is taken to create a positive environment conducive to study.